If you are a DIY lover, you might be interested in How to make a LiPo balance charger. Although balancer chargers for LiPo batteries are available in the market if you want to make one yourself, we will help you out with it.
Buying an already made battery charger is not a tough thing to do. But the problem is that the available battery chargers are quite expensive. So, if you can make one by yourself, why would you pay the hefty amount?
Step by Step Guide to Making LiPo Balance Charger:
- The first step is to buy the mass tech 5 watt DC to DC converters. Or you can also go for 9 to 5 V in 1 amp output. In addition, you will also have to buy a TP 36 module. You will be going to use 3 DC to DC converters and also 3 TP 36 modules.
- Afterward, you will have to set up a proper connection between the converter and the TP 36 module. You will do this by connecting them through the wires. The positive and negative sides will be clearly visible on the DC to DC converter.
- Join the positive ones of DC to DC converter with the positive end of the TP 36 module. You will do the same for the negative ends. Join all the 3 converters with the 3 modules. But make sure that all the 6 parts are placed at a distance from each other.
- After that, you will have to connect the TP 36 module with the charge controller board.
- You will have to hook each TP 36 module at the point 0, 4.2, 8.4 and 12.6 of the charge controller board.
- The electrical connection will be made at the side of this charge controller board.
- This charge controller board will maintain the balancing, while your batteries are being charged.
- The next step is to connect a 4 pin connector at the front of the board. This connector will help you out with connecting to a 3 cell battery.
- Then you will have to set up a 5-volt regulator over the top that will regulate the passing current.
- You can also attach a 12 V fan on the module. This fan will help to dissipate extra heat produced while functioning of the charger.
- In addition, you will also have to attach the digital display. Now, connect it with the three connections of the DC to DC converter and the TP 36 module. It will show the voltage passing through them.
- Your charger is all set to go. You will simply have to connect the battery cable connector with the 4 pin connector of the charger. Now, turn on the power and you are ready to go.
- Let the battery get charged, while you take a break.
Another Method to Make a LiPo Balance Charger:
Another simple way to make a LiPo balance charger is through a simple charger. If you have a charger without the balancer in it, you can simply put it to use.
The only thing you have to do is buy a balancer from the market and attach it with your usual charger and you are ready to go. Simply connect your battery with the charger and let your LiPo battery charged.
Our team has provided you with a detailed explanation of “how to make a LiPo balance charger”. You can simply follow the step by step guide and make yourself your own LiPo battery charger. If you are good at mechanics and making electrical connections, it is better to make your own LiPo charger. This is especially good if you do not want to spend a lot of your money on expensive chargers.