Do you want to charge LiPo battery with a balance charger, but you don’t have the basic knowledge of these? Oh! Don’t worry, that is the very reason for our article. We will provide you with all the necessary guidelines that will help you to charge the LiPo battery with the balance charger.
It is extremely important to regularly charge the batteries so they won’t run out at the most crucial time. But choosing the right charger would be difficult for you. Therefore, you must always go for the charger, designed especially for charging LiPo batteries.
Guidelines to Follow How to Charge LiPo Battery with Balance Charger:
What is a Balance Charger?
To simply put, a balance charger is named so because of the use of a balancer in it. The chargers designed specifically for LiPo batteries, all have the balancer in them.
Now, you might be thinking that, but what is the purpose of a balancer in a charger? Or is it really important to have a balancer charger?
To answer your curiosity,
The purpose of a balance charger is to ensure the safety of LiPo batteries. A balancer in the charger is used so that it can manage the amount of voltage provided to the battery. Therefore, the batteries get the same amount of power.
The disruptions in the voltage and current may result in un-repairable damages to the battery. Therefore, the use of a balancer in the charger becomes a necessity. This is also the reason that shows how important it is to have a balancer in the charger.
Guidelines to Follow for using a Balance Charger:
First of all, you need to know the basics of LiPo batteries. 3.7 V cells are used in these batteries. So, if you have a battery of 11.1 V, this means that there will be 3 cells of 3.7 V each. The use of a balance charge is important because it gives you access to all of these cells individually.
Therefore, the overall lifespan and service life of the battery increases. Moreover, this is what is called balance charging.
Now, you are ready to learn the method of charging your LiPo batteries.
But first, read the safety instructions first, which are available on the packaging. Afterward, follow these guidelines;
- Connecting to a T-connector. There will be a T connector on your battery. You have to connect it with the T cable to banana plug cable. Afterward, plug the two plugs (red and black) in the battery charger.
- Connecting the balance connector. After connecting the T connector, you will have to connect the balance connector in the 3 cell port present in the charger. There will be more ports on the charger, depending upon the batteries. So, choose the one that is according to your batteries.
- Plugging. The next step is to plug in the power supply (12 V, 5 A) in the balancer charger. This will be done by using the plug adapter.
- Batt. button. The next step is to press the Batt. button until the display shows “Program select .. LiPo batt”. You can press the enter button after seeing that message.
- Inc. button. The next step is to press the Inc. button present. You have to press it down until the screen shows “LiPo balance”. Press the enter button after that.
- Flash of the charge current. You have to manage the charge current according to the type of battery you are charging. For instance, for a LiPo battery of 11.1 V and 2200 mAh, you will have to set the charge current to 2.2 A. Exceeding this might cause damage to the battery. Dec. and Inc. buttons are used to change the charge current of the charger. After setting the required current, you will have to press the enter button.
- Charge voltage. The voltage provided to the batteries is equally important as of the charge current. Similar to the charge current, the charge voltage can also be managed through the Dec. and Inc. buttons. An 11.1 v battery will need a similar charge voltage.
- Press the start button. After you have set up everything, you will have to press the start button and hold it down. You will have to press the button until you see this on the screen “battery check.. wait”. Afterward, the display will change to “R: 3 SER, S: 3 SER” “Confirm”. As you see the confirmation message, you will have to press the enter button.
- Your battery is now getting charged. Usually, it takes one to two hours to completely charge the LiPo batteries. You will hear some noise from the charger after the batteries are fully charged. Unplug the charger after the batteries are charged.
To conclude, we have provided the guidelines that will show “how to charge LiPo battery with balance charger”. Furthermore, you will also get information about the balance charger and its positive aspects.